September 1, 2011

Muppet Spirit Hoods & Nail Polish? OK!

I was just browsing Refinery29 when I came across the cutest thing ever! Spirit Hoods is making Muppet-themed hoods! Sorry for all the exclamation marks, but I'm elated. There are hoods for fans of Miss Piggy, Kermit, Gonzo and Animal! The hoods coincide with the huge public relations push they're making for the upcoming film co-starring Jason Segal and Amy Adams.

The craziest thing about seeing the Spirit Hoods this afternoon is that I received an email from the Entertainment Editor of Feather this morning about Muppet OPI nail polish she spotted on Racked.com. The polish will be a part of their holiday collection.


Can you guess which one is called Fresh Frog of Bel-Air?
 It's obvious Disney is hoping this will relaunch the franchise after buying the characters in 2004 and basically letting them collect dust in some warehouse or something before they decided on this film. The polish will be priced at $8.50. I haven't seen the hoods up on the site yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to take out a loan to afford them.

It's no secret that I'm love with The Muppets, but I'm definitely not the only twenty-something who still loves them. One of my children's literature professors showed a clip of Muppet Treasure Island in class after we read Treasure Island and the entire class begged her to play another clip.

Guess what? The hoods aren't just for kids!

Who's your favorite Muppet?

Images found here and here.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE SPIRIT HOODS! The company is amazing and I love working with their people! for kids and adults they are so fun...not to mention that they donate to endangered species when you buy a hood!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...