August 27, 2011

Films of the Week

I spent so much time watching The Tudors that film inadvertently took a backseat. I'm so surprised at myself. I did watch two films, one in the early hours of the morning when I should have been asleep.

I've seen Strictly Sexual before. It's surprisingly a very deep film about two
 women who invite out-of-work construction workers to live with them
in exchange for sex. Somehow, it's not raunchy, which is a turn-off for me
with films. I tried to watch the series on Hulu, but it just wasn't working. The
acting in the film isn't amazing by any means, but it's
Oscar-worthy compared to the series.
What Dreams May Come is a total tear-jerker, but it's so creative and
the entire concept of Heaven is composed well on film. The story is
about a couple who lose their children in a car accident and the husband
dies in a car accident a few years later. When his wife commits
suicide, he goes to Hell to find her. I saw bits of pieces of it before,
but seeing the entire thing really brought it out in a new light.
This is definitely on my list of favorites now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...