April 22, 2011

No Name Slob

Jacket: LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's; Dress & Shoes: Gifted

I took a quick picture before I went to dinner with some friends tonight. I wore this bubble dress to a joint recognition-lecture ceremony with a crochet bolero last week, but I remixed it for this with a tip from Lauren Conrad--adding a motorcycle jacket to give edge to a sweet look. Ironically, the motorcycle jacket is from her line for Kohl's. It's pretty lightweight, which is perfect for a summer in the South. I wore my hair like Lori Loughlin from her Full House days to add a little extra edge.

By the way, do you love the shoes? I had a pair of Mary Janes that broke and, because she knows my love for that particular design, bought them for me as a birthday gift. They get nothing but compliments.

The better part of my morning was spent writing and the afternoon was spent hanging out with my friend Stephanie as she wasted time while her car was being serviced. After she spent a ridiculous amount of money on three items of clothing from Ross, we went to PetSmart and I got a fish! I wasn't sure what to name him at first, but I settled on Fish. I love Breakfast at Tiffany's, so I took the idea from the name of her cat--Cat. The title to this post is also an ode to the film.

He came in a little cup and I carried him around with
me on errands until I got home.

I made a nice little home for him between my Lauren
Conrad books and Paris travel guides. And, yes,
his fish bowl is shaped like a Brandy glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...