October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I don't actually celebrate Halloween, but Feather Magazine does. It's always interesting to see the holiday from the eyes of people who really love it. I remember how excited I was for it as a kid, especially because my mom used to make our costumes. I'm not very crafty, but she used to let me think I was helping.

It was fun when I was a kid, but I outgrew it. I had more fun passing out candy and taking my sisters around the neighborhood than dressing up. I don't have any religious reasons for not celebrating it, just personal ones. I feel the same as R.L. Stine wrote about his views in a New York Times editorial last year.

I'm not one to judge other people. I love that other people like it and sometimes I wish I was one of them. But I'm really the type that stays at home watching The Nightmare Before Christmas with a cup of cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...